The Dewalt orbital sander can be used for a variety of different tasks including sanding wood, metal, and even plastic at times. The 8,000-12,000 OPM that the orbital sander achieves is due to a 3.0-amp motor that powers the device.
Depending on user preference, this might be good or bad. This one of the best Dewalt orbital sander is shorter compared to the others on this list. The aim of that is to allow you to get closer to the workpiece. Like every other orbital sander on the list, user comfort is a top priority.
That might explain, the design of the device as the rubber over-mould is meant to reduce fatigue by providing grip spots and the general design is meant to reduce vibration. Another thing to point out is the dust sealed switch that helps protect the switch from dust.
The dust bag that accompanies the device has a one hand locking system, which can be convenient at times.
Things you will like most:
- Shorter height ensures you’re closer to the work material
- Rubber over mould design reduces fatigue by ensuring a comfortable grip
- A convenient one hand locking system on the dust bag
- The switch is dust sealed to protect it from dust
- Efficient dust collection when using the device